Monday, August 24, 2009

Five-Star Dinner

This past weekend, my husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary. We treated ourselves to a night out at The 1913 Room at the Amway Grand Hotel. This five star rated restaurant boasts "classic cuisine with a French influence."

It was an amazing dinner and I wanted to share it with my faithful readers.


The dinner started with an amuse bouche of Chilled Heirloom Tomato Soup with Fresh Herbs, Smoked Whitefish with Freeze-Dried Corn and a Herb Terrine with Basil Oil.


Our hors d'oeuvre was the special: Duck Prosciutto with a Cantaloupe Chutney; Foie Gras with Crostini and Marinated Cherry; and Chicken and Duck Galantine with Blueberry Gastrique.

We both chose the same salad: Heirloom Tomatoes and Wild Arugula with English Cucumber DancingGoat Creamery Local Chèvre and Maui Onion Vinaigrette.


This was followed by an Earl Grey Sorbet intermezzo.


For dinner, I had the special: Crusted Lake Trout with Roasted Heirloom Tomato-Relish and Steamed Spinach with a Heirloom Tomato-Chardonnay Sauce.


My husband chose lamb, his favorite: Roasted Rack of Colorado Lamb, Sweet Potato Pavé, Broccolini and Foie Gras Emulsion


For dessert (I can't believe we had room), I went chocolate and my husband went creamy: Milky Way Chocolate Tower with Baci Mousse, a Trio of Sauces and Amarula Liqueur; and Tres Léches – a White Cake soaked with three types of Cream served with Mango and Pineapple, Cajeta Caramel and a Caramelized White Chocolate Passion Sauce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's superb work of art. The imagination area unit therefore in-depth, therefore surreal and charming. My favourite one is that the lady sitting on a swing hanging within the air.
Surgical Face Mask